December 2018 School Holidays Workshops, Programmes, Activities & Courses in Singapore For Primary & Secondary School Students.
Effective studying is the one element guaranteed to produce good grades in school. But, it’s ironic that the one thing almost never taught in school is how to study effectively.
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Getting Organised to Study
- Reducing External Interference
- Using Whole and Part Learning Systems
- Master The Power of the PQRST Method
- Top 5 Powerful Study Tips to Achieve Your Goal
Examination or Test Taking Strategies
Studying is only a part of getting good results on your exam. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won’t score the highest possible mark.
- How to Prepare Before The Test
- Mindset While Doing The Test
- Post Test Evaluation
- Calming Anxiety
- Minimising the Risk of Careless Mistakes
Note Taking Skills & Strategies
Good note taking is essential, but what’s not essential is writing down every tiny detail in a in class when the teacher is teaching. Its is crucial for students to find a system of taking notes that works with their learning style, thus enabling them to always keeping it simple.
- Taking Notes: When & Where
- Effective Strategies for Note Taking in The Classroom
- Note Taking Strategies While Studying
- The 5 R’s of Note Taking: Record, Reduce, Recite, Reflect, Review
Time Management Skills
There are 168 hours each week. With classes, activities, study, and free time, planning becomes essential to get things done. A few time management tools of the student’s choosing can help them organize their time efficiently.
- Figure Out What a Week Looks Like
- The Myth of Multi-Tasking
- Creating A Plan
- Keeping Your Plan In Sight
- How Not To Deviate From Your Plan
Taking Charge of Homework
What’s the point of homework? In a word: practice. Homework helps students embed the knowledge and perfect the skills they need to succeed.
- Avoid the Procrastination Trap
- Finding The Motivation To Do The Homework
- Getting into ” The Zone” & Staying There
- Creating a Proper Homework Environment for Continued Success
As important as they are, basic memory techniques are study ingredients least likely to be taught in Singapore Secondary schools, even in a study skills course. So while the better Secondary schools & teachers in Singapore might help your child with reading, writing, organising, & test strategies, far too many of them will “forget” to help your child with their memory. How quickly a Secondary school student gets through their reading material is immaterial. What’s material is how much of the material gets through to those students.
- The Best 7 Memory Techniques You will ever need to be a Memory Master
- Eliminate Rote Memorisation; Saving Valuable Study Time
- Store Information in their Long-term Memory
- Triple Your Recall Ability
- Developing & Applying Unique & Personalised Memorisation Strategy
- Incorporating Both Sides of The Brain For Rapid Memorisation Improve Concentration, Observation & overcome Absent-mindedness
- Practice Mental Filling to Prevent Yourself from “Blanking Out” or Mental Blockages During Exams
Mind Mapping Excellence
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Produce Your Own Mind Maps
- Organising your Study Notes Using Mind Maps
- Rules of Mind Mapping
- When to Use Mind Maps
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mind Mapping
Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating the evidence supporting an idea by using logic and reason. This is one of the skills that separates the good student and a great student.
- Understanding Critical Thinking & It’s Benefits
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills in Your School & Social Lives
- Succeeding With The Critical Thinking Process
Mental Concentration & Focus Skills
To concentrate is to direct one’s mental efforts, towards a particular activity. With good concentration & Focus, students will be able to achieve almost anything they set their mind too without deviating .
- Practical Concentration Boosting Exercises
- The Wandering Mind Is A Friend & An Enemy
- Increasing The length of Focus One Session At A Time
or drop us a message below
2018 December School Holidays Activities, December School Holiday Programmes 2018, December 2018 School Holidays Workshops & Courses in Singapore, December 2018 School Holiday Courses in Singapore, Singapore School Holiday Workshops & Courses, December School Holiday Programs in Singapore for primary school and secondary school students.
Study Skills Article
You can enable your youngster to enhance study skills and improve the situation in school. The accompanying 4 stages to will enable your youngster to enhance reviews and create self-assurance.
In my years as a classroom instructor I saw numerous understudies need authoritative skills when it came to scratch pad and homework. Most understudies don’t know how to sort out school materials. You can enable them to begin growing great study procedures by having them discharge their knapsack and notebook(s). Dispose of anything that is never again required. At that point proceed onward to the notebook(s).
Scratch pad ought to have paper and dividers. Mark every divider. There ought to be one for: homework, notes, and freebees. A few instructors require a different note pad for their subject. Every note pad ought to be sorted out a similar way.
Free papers ought to be set in the best possible place, in the journal, toward the finish of every day. On the off chance that they stay free, they may get lost or, far and away more terrible, lost.
When they complete with a task, it ought to be put as the best page in the right subject. When they open the note pad toward the start of class, they will see it. Along these lines, they are more averse to neglect to hand it over.
Ensure your kid has the provisions that will be required amid the semester.
There are many stores that offer school supplies at generally shoddy costs previously every semester starts. So as to grow great study propensities your youngster ought to have:
3 gap punch
3 x 5 cards
3. Study Area
Each kid needs their own study range. It ought to be far from the focal point of action and commotion. A room or sanctum is a decent place. On the off chance that they don’t have their own particular work area, a table will do. The provisions they should get their work done ought to be accessible on the work area or rack. In the event that they don’t have a work area with drawers, a little file organizer or boxes will fill the need.
Notwithstanding the provisions in the knapsack, a study territory ought to likewise contain pens, pencils and a 3 opening punch, word reference and thesaurus. Making a study space, with provisions close by, is a powerful approach to enable your youngster to enhance study skills.
4. Study Time
Put aside a square of time for homework for each school day. Attempt to leave ends of the week free for different exercises. On the off chance that conceivable, homework time ought to be a similar time every day: 4 PM – 6PM. They may not require constantly or, now and again, may require more. Make certain to work in breaks. A ten moment break between assignments will help make better fixation.
Try not to request that your tyke do tasks amid this time. It’s entirely for study. Requesting that your tyke set the table or walk the puppy will send blended messages concerning why study time is imperative.
Have a substantial compose on logbook accessible on the work area or announcement board. Notwithstanding the study time, write in due dates and exceptional undertakings in the suitable date. Rundown specialist and dental practitioner arrangements and every single other movement. This gives an outline of how bustling your youngster is. There ought to be some “free” time to seek after intrigue and interests or only for play.
Invest some energy every day and examine the school day and assignments. Ensure you comprehend what is normal. Investigate what the educator gives out. This keeps you in contact with your youngster and shows you think about them and also their evaluations.
Having worked with understudies for a long time, I can state these four study tips have grown great study propensities. Following these tips to enable your tyke to enhance study skills will prompt better evaluations, less clash over homework and improvement of fearlessness.