November 2018 School Holidays Workshops, Programmes, Activities & Courses in Singapore For Primary & Secondary School Students.
Effective studying is the one element guaranteed to produce good grades in school. But, it’s ironic that the one thing almost never taught in school is how to study effectively.
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Getting Organised to Study
- Reducing External Interference
- Using Whole and Part Learning Systems
- Master The Power of the PQRST Method
- Top 5 Powerful Study Tips to Achieve Your Goal
Examination or Test Taking Strategies
Studying is only a part of getting good results on your exam. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won’t score the highest possible mark.
- How to Prepare Before The Test
- Mindset While Doing The Test
- Post Test Evaluation
- Calming Anxiety
- Minimising the Risk of Careless Mistakes
Note Taking Skills & Strategies
Good note taking is essential, but what’s not essential is writing down every tiny detail in a in class when the teacher is teaching. Its is crucial for students to find a system of taking notes that works with their learning style, thus enabling them to always keeping it simple.
- Taking Notes: When & Where
- Effective Strategies for Note Taking in The Classroom
- Note Taking Strategies While Studying
- The 5 R’s of Note Taking: Record, Reduce, Recite, Reflect, Review
Time Management Skills
There are 168 hours each week. With classes, activities, study, and free time, planning becomes essential to get things done. A few time management tools of the student’s choosing can help them organize their time efficiently.
- Figure Out What a Week Looks Like
- The Myth of Multi-Tasking
- Creating A Plan
- Keeping Your Plan In Sight
- How Not To Deviate From Your Plan
Taking Charge of Homework
What’s the point of homework? In a word: practice. Homework helps students embed the knowledge and perfect the skills they need to succeed.
- Avoid the Procrastination Trap
- Finding The Motivation To Do The Homework
- Getting into ” The Zone” & Staying There
- Creating a Proper Homework Environment for Continued Success
As important as they are, basic memory techniques are study ingredients least likely to be taught in Singapore Secondary schools, even in a study skills course. So while the better Secondary schools & teachers in Singapore might help your child with reading, writing, organising, & test strategies, far too many of them will “forget” to help your child with their memory. How quickly a Secondary school student gets through their reading material is immaterial. What’s material is how much of the material gets through to those students.
- The Best 7 Memory Techniques You will ever need to be a Memory Master
- Eliminate Rote Memorisation; Saving Valuable Study Time
- Store Information in their Long-term Memory
- Triple Your Recall Ability
- Developing & Applying Unique & Personalised Memorisation Strategy
- Incorporating Both Sides of The Brain For Rapid Memorisation Improve Concentration, Observation & overcome Absent-mindedness
- Practice Mental Filling to Prevent Yourself from “Blanking Out” or Mental Blockages During Exams
Mind Mapping Excellence
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Produce Your Own Mind Maps
- Organising your Study Notes Using Mind Maps
- Rules of Mind Mapping
- When to Use Mind Maps
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mind Mapping
Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating the evidence supporting an idea by using logic and reason. This is one of the skills that separates the good student and a great student.
- Understanding Critical Thinking & It’s Benefits
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills in Your School & Social Lives
- Succeeding With The Critical Thinking Process
Mental Concentration & Focus Skills
To concentrate is to direct one’s mental efforts, towards a particular activity. With good concentration & Focus, students will be able to achieve almost anything they set their mind too without deviating .
- Practical Concentration Boosting Exercises
- The Wandering Mind Is A Friend & An Enemy
- Increasing The length of Focus One Session At A Time
or drop us a message below
2018 November School Holidays Activities, November School Holiday Programmes 2018, November 2018 School Holidays Workshops & Courses in Singapore, November 2018 School Holiday Courses in Singapore, Singapore School Holiday Workshops & Courses, November School Holiday Programs in Singapore for primary school and secondary school students.
Study Skills Articles
More than a couple of secondary school understudies don’t consider their four years important, regardless of whether they are a green bean or seniors. School is implied for entertainment only, isn’t that so? Well that is valid, however it likewise accompanies duty, not really to your educators or guardians, but rather above all to you. How you perform amid this scholastic extend will go far to deciding your future alternatives. Because of this current, we should take a gander at some study skills for secondary school that will enable you to be the determiner of your own destiny.
There truly is no real way to maintain a strategic distance from homework or to get around studying for tests and tests or end of the year tests. When you comprehend this, the sooner you can achieve scholarly achievement. On the off chance that you don’t take class assignments and surveying for tests truly, you are set out toward catastrophe.
Before we go over a few plans to better your odds for scholarly achievement, you ought to acknowledge what decent evaluations are useful for. Right off the bat, you will emerge from your colleagues. Try not to consider the thought that individuals may call you a geek. Different understudies would get those sorts if grades in the event that they could. Furthermore, decent evaluations give you a feeling of achievement. Furthermore, thirdly, they will enable you to show signs of improvement position to get acknowledged to the school you plan to.
A decent beginning stage is getting yourself a note pad where you can track the greater part of your assignments in all subjects. You can monitor everything here in one place so things don’t get neglected. Falling behind in any subject is terrible and will feast upon itself. When you can perceive what work lies ahead for you, you can decide a timetable and technique for completing it all.
Since you have a thought of what you have to complete, you have to set aside time for studying. This can’t be something you do all over. This should be done each day. It is astounding how much better the outcomes are whether you adhere to your timetable throughout the entire year.
Presently suppose you are endeavoring to get ready for a major math test. You will likely be looked with questions that originate from numerous sections in your content. Well in the event that you have reliably stayed aware of things, you’ll know whether you have a requirement for some additional assistance in a specific range, and you will have effectively gone to your educator for included help. The primary concern is whether you have done this you will nail a superior review than had you given things a chance to slide.
The things you can finish are dependent upon you. It is to your greatest advantage to utilize every one of the apparatuses accessible to you with regards to studying and enhancing grades. Educators, companions and guardians will all assistance. You can likewise get help alone at the library and on the web.