December 2018 School Holidays Workshops, Programmes, Activities & Courses in Singapore For Primary & Secondary School Students.
Effective studying is the one element guaranteed to produce good grades in school. But, it’s ironic that the one thing almost never taught in school is how to study effectively.
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Getting Organised to Study
- Reducing External Interference
- Using Whole and Part Learning Systems
- Master The Power of the PQRST Method
- Top 5 Powerful Study Tips to Achieve Your Goal
Examination or Test Taking Strategies
Studying is only a part of getting good results on your exam. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won’t score the highest possible mark.
- How to Prepare Before The Test
- Mindset While Doing The Test
- Post Test Evaluation
- Calming Anxiety
- Minimising the Risk of Careless Mistakes
Note Taking Skills & Strategies
Good note taking is essential, but what’s not essential is writing down every tiny detail in a in class when the teacher is teaching. Its is crucial for students to find a system of taking notes that works with their learning style, thus enabling them to always keeping it simple.
- Taking Notes: When & Where
- Effective Strategies for Note Taking in The Classroom
- Note Taking Strategies While Studying
- The 5 R’s of Note Taking: Record, Reduce, Recite, Reflect, Review
Time Management Skills
There are 168 hours each week. With classes, activities, study, and free time, planning becomes essential to get things done. A few time management tools of the student’s choosing can help them organize their time efficiently.
- Figure Out What a Week Looks Like
- The Myth of Multi-Tasking
- Creating A Plan
- Keeping Your Plan In Sight
- How Not To Deviate From Your Plan
Taking Charge of Homework
What’s the point of homework? In a word: practice. Homework helps students embed the knowledge and perfect the skills they need to succeed.
- Avoid the Procrastination Trap
- Finding The Motivation To Do The Homework
- Getting into ” The Zone” & Staying There
- Creating a Proper Homework Environment for Continued Success
As important as they are, basic memory techniques are study ingredients least likely to be taught in Singapore Secondary schools, even in a study skills course. So while the better Secondary schools & teachers in Singapore might help your child with reading, writing, organising, & test strategies, far too many of them will “forget” to help your child with their memory. How quickly a Secondary school student gets through their reading material is immaterial. What’s material is how much of the material gets through to those students.
- The Best 7 Memory Techniques You will ever need to be a Memory Master
- Eliminate Rote Memorisation; Saving Valuable Study Time
- Store Information in their Long-term Memory
- Triple Your Recall Ability
- Developing & Applying Unique & Personalised Memorisation Strategy
- Incorporating Both Sides of The Brain For Rapid Memorisation Improve Concentration, Observation & overcome Absent-mindedness
- Practice Mental Filling to Prevent Yourself from “Blanking Out” or Mental Blockages During Exams
Mind Mapping Excellence
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Produce Your Own Mind Maps
- Organising your Study Notes Using Mind Maps
- Rules of Mind Mapping
- When to Use Mind Maps
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mind Mapping
Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating the evidence supporting an idea by using logic and reason. This is one of the skills that separates the good student and a great student.
- Understanding Critical Thinking & It’s Benefits
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills in Your School & Social Lives
- Succeeding With The Critical Thinking Process
Mental Concentration & Focus Skills
To concentrate is to direct one’s mental efforts, towards a particular activity. With good concentration & Focus, students will be able to achieve almost anything they set their mind too without deviating .
- Practical Concentration Boosting Exercises
- The Wandering Mind Is A Friend & An Enemy
- Increasing The length of Focus One Session At A Time
or drop us a message below
2018 December School Holidays Activities, December School Holiday Programmes 2018, December 2018 School Holidays Workshops & Courses in Singapore, December 2018 School Holiday Courses in Singapore, Singapore School Holiday Workshops & Courses, December School Holiday Programs in Singapore for primary school and secondary school students.
Study Skills Article
On the off chance that you are an understudy in college or school, you presumably need to know how to enhance study skills with the goal that you can improve blemishes on your exams. Numerous understudies don’t have a studying issue as much as they have a period administration issue. They don’t sufficiently designate time all through the school term to cover all the material appropriately.
They hesitate in light of the fact that they don’t have a reasonable comprehension of the time they have accessible, and the measure of work they have to do. At that point they all of a sudden wind up confronting a noteworthy exam without having sufficient energy to study. This outcomes in a great deal recently night packing and poor imprints. This isn’t a decent learning system.
In the event that understudies can set up a reasonable timetable for studying, this is an essential advance in keeping the frenzy that frequently happens the night prior to a major exam. A superior approach to oversee studying time is to investigate the measure of perusing and studying you have to do, and make a timetable with deadlines on it so you can tell whether you’re studying is on track or on the off chance that you are falling behind.
How might you set up a reasonable study plan for yourself?
You should make a calendar for the quantity of pages or parts you have to peruse every day, and every week, so you can tell whether you’re studying is continuing on track.
You ought to likewise plan intermittent surveys of the material you have effectively secured. This will invigorate your comprehension of it, and you will have a less demanding time recalling something you have inspected a few times amid the school year.
For instance, on the off chance that you are studying history, and your principle reading material has three hundred pages, at that point you have to separate the pages by the quantity of days that you will study. In the event that you have one hundred and twenty days from the earliest starting point of the school term to the date of the last, most decisive test, you can have the whole book finished well before the exam date in the event that you just read no less than three pages every day.
In light of present conditions, you can wrap up the whole book with twenty days still left finished to survey it once more. It is dependably a smart thought to work in some additional time so that if something turns out badly, you can even now have a decent possibility of completing your content well before the last, most decisive tests begin.
You can spare yourself a considerable measure of frenzy in the event that you begin executing a decent timetable for the studying you have to improve the situation exams. Figuring out how to enhance study skills by dealing with your opportunity betterly is an expertise that will enhance your work execution for whatever is left of your life.